Friday 4 August 2017

AR Escapes - Ripper


Hi all

I recently learned about an interactive escape experience that is coming to Sydney (and to Melbourne and Adelaide) . The outfit is AR Escapes.  The Sydney experience runs on 11 November - it's a one day event.

The theme of the experience is Jack the Ripper.  Here's the summary from their website:

The world's first city-wide augmented reality escape experiences.  This is a fully interactive experience across multiple city blocks, that also includes the added element of a real "killer" walking through the streets with their own beacon that knocks you out of the experience if they get within 10 meters of you.

The whole experience goes for between 1.5 hours and 2 hours.  One hour into the game, they let the killer loose and from that point on, if the killer gets within 10 meters of you, you're out.  I understand that they use your mobile phone to track your location during the experience.  The idea of the game is to work through crime scenes and presumably figure out who the Ripper is before he (or she) finds you.

I bought my tickets on the day that they were released (I was a tad excited).  It sounds awesome to me, so my fingers are crossed that the experience will live up to my pretty high expectations.

They currently have a 50% discount on tickets for early bird purchases.  I'm not sure when the early bird discount runs out, but at $50 per person (rather than $100), you should get in quick.

You can check out their website here.

I'll be there in the final session of the day in Sydney, so I might see you there!

Thanks
Scott

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just checking if this event is going to be held as per usual?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      No, it's officially been cancelled.

      Thanks
      Scott

      Delete
  2. Does anyone know if the Adelaide event has also been cancelled? Haven't received any emails about refund or cancellation, have only seen comments online.. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received an email about a refund on the 27th of October (the event was to be on the 29th), this was never processed. I contacted my bank today and they have done a reversal and it will only not be successful if AR Escapes dispute the reversal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you received a refund for your ticket? I've emailed them twice about it and they still haven't responded or issued the refund.

    ReplyDelete